Start your day the right way with Easy Overnight Oats! This oatmeal recipe is vegan, rich in protein, easy, delicious and great for meal prep!
Vegan Overnight Oatmeal (Healthy Breakfast Idea)
Are you an oatmeal fan? Or maybe you’re just looking for easy and healthy vegan breakfast ideas that are also meal-prep friendly?
Either way, you’re in the right place!
How to Make Overnight Oatmeal
Overnight oats may be the easiest thing to make. Scroll down to the recipe card to see the recipe video.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Step 1: Place oats and nuts of choice in a bowl.
- Step 2: Add in plant milk (I’m using vanilla soy milk here) and give the mixture a good stir.
- Step 3: Add you favorite toppings! I’m using peaches, frozen pineapple, candied ginger and dark chocolate here.
- Step 4: Place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. That’s it!
Told you it was easy! Enjoy!
Are Overnight Oats Healthy?
Not only is overnight oatmeal delicious, but it’s also a very healthy breakfast idea.
Oats are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and contain more fiber and protein than most other grains, which makes them one of the healthiest grains on earth.
Do Overnight Oats Taste Good?
Overnight oats are creamy and delicious when you combine them with plant milk and fresh or frozen fruit. If you have a sweet tooth, you can sweeten them with maple syrup or agave syrup.
The key to making overnight oats taste good is to add delicious and flavorful toppings such as fruit, dark chocolate, shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, nut butter or any liquid sweetener.
Overnight Oats are Great for Meal Prep
Another reason I love overnight oats, is that it’s perfect for meal prep. You can store overnight oats in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days with no problem.
Keep in mind that oats will continue to absorb the plant milk the longer they sit, meaning they will get softer the longer you keep them in the fridge.
If you’re like me and you like creamy oatmeal, it’s a bonus point 🙂
I hope you guys will enjoy this overnight oats recipe! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Refined sugar-free
- Meal-prep friendly
- Rich in protein
- Delicious !
PIN ON PINTEREST 😊
More Vegan Recipes with Oats:
- Baked Oatmeal Donuts with Raspberries (gluten-free)
- Banana Oatmeal Recipe (gluten-free)
- Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (gluten-free)
- 3-Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 handful nuts
- 1 peach
- frozen pineapple
- candied ginger (optional)
- dark chocolate (optional)
- Place oats and nuts of choice in a bowl.
- Add in vanilla soy milk (or any plant milk) and give the mixture a quick stir.
- Add you favorite toppings! I’m using peaches, frozen pineapple, candied ginger and dark chocolate here. Add maple syrup if needed.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. Enjoy!!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356 Total Fat: 11.8g Carbohydrates: 52.3g Fiber: 10g Protein: 14.5g