This vegan Pumpkin Chickpea Curry recipe is easy, healthy, rich in protein and delicious. It’s great for meal prep and very comforting!
Vegan Pumpkin Chickpea Curry
Curry is my favorite dish ever, especially when it has pumpkin and chickpeas in it. This recipe is very easy to make and takes only 25 minutes to prepare.
Vegan Curry Recipe with 7 Ingredients (Ready in 25 Minutes)
To make this vegan curry, you will only need 7 simple ingredients and 25 minutes. You will need Hokkaido pumpkin, green bell pepper, canned chickpeas, onion, garlic, full-fat coconut milk and curry powder.
If you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen but still want to make something warm and comforting for dinner, you need to give this recipe a try! This pumpkin curry is always a success at home.
How to Make this Vegan Pumpkin Curry
If you have 25 minutes, you can make this delicious curry! I love this recipe because it’s very easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious. Here are the simple steps to follow (scroll down to the recipe card to watch the recipe video):
- Step 1: Sauté the onion and garlic with a little bit of water for 2-3 minutes or until translucent, adding a splash of water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Step 2: Add in diced pumpkin, bell pepper, curry powder and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is fork-tender. Stir occasionally.
- Step 3: Add in canned chickpeas and give the curry a good stir.
- Step 4: Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Step 5: Serve with basmati rice. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Enjoy!!
Vegan Curry is Great for Meal Prep
I LOVE to meal prep. It makes eating healthy so easy and it’s a great way to save time.
This recipe is for 3 people so feel free to make a double batch if you meal prep for your family. You can store the curry in airtight containers in the fridge for 3-4 days with no problem. Then, all you have to do in the morning is open the fridge and grab your lunchbox!
I hope you will love this easy Vegan Pumpkin Chickpea Curry! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Rich in protein
- Meal-prep friendly
- Great for work or school
- SO good!
PIN ON PINTEREST 😊
More Vegan Curry Recipes:
- 2 cups hokkaido pumpkin, diced (500 g)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (100 g)
- 1 cup of canned chickpeas (165 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- Sauté the onion and garlic with a splash of water for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add a little bit of water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Add in pumpkin, bell pepper, curry powder and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is fork-tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add in chickpeas and give the curry a good stir.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with basmati rice. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Enjoy!!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347 Total Fat: 24g Carbohydrates: 31.6g Fiber: 7.9g Protein: 7.4g