These Vegan Gingerbread Men cookies are gluten-free, oil-free and perfect for Christmas! They are easy to make, festive and delicious. Enjoy!!
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies (Gluten-Free Recipe)
Are you wondering how to make vegan gingerbread men cookies? Well, I’m here to show you how I personally like to make them 🙂
These gingerbread cookies are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and taste just like Christmas. They are made with 4 simple ingredients and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
Easy Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
These gingerbread cookies require only 4 ingredients (excluding the icing) and are ready in less than 30 minutes! So, if you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious vegan Christmas cookie recipe, this one is for you!
How to Make Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
Alright, let’s start baking! Let me know if you enjoyed the video – I would love your feedback 🙂
Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C. Then, combine almond flour and allspice in a large bowl, using a spatula.
Add peanut butter and blackstrap molasses if using. Remember that if you don’t like the taste of molasses, you can use any other sticky sweetener instead.
Combine the ingredients with a spatula, and then use your hands to form a dough ball.
Place the dough ball on a piece of parchment paper and roll it out to about 1/2 cm thick. Cut out gingerbread men shapes using cookie cutters and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake the cookies at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before decorating.
What Are These Vegan Christmas Cookies Made Of?
You will only need 4 simple ingredients (well, 5, including the icing) to make these cookies:
Peanut butter: if you’re allergic to peanuts, you can use any other nut or seed butter you like. The cookies will be just as delicious!
Blackstrap molasses: I love the taste of molasses, so I absolutely love these cookies. However if you’re not a big fan of molasses, you can use maple syrup instead (or any sticky sweetener). Keep in mind that the cookies will be paler and not brown like mine.
Are These Gingerbread Cookies Vegan, Gluten-Free and Oil-Free?
As most of my recipes, these cookies are healthier than store-bought cookies and are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free AND delicious!
They are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. My family love them and I hope yours will, too!
How to Decorate Christmas Cookies with Vegan Icing
Now that your gingerbread man cookies are baked and completely cooled, it’s time to decorate them. This part is very fun and you can be as creative as you want.
If it’s your first time decorating cookies, don’t worry – they may not be perfect but you’ll get the hang of it!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ROYAL ICING
To make vegan royal icing, I like to simply combine powdered sugar and water with a spoon. The consistency should be quite thick (see video). If you think your icing is too thick, you can slowly add more water – or add more powdered sugar if it’s not thick enough.
THE DECORATING PART
Once you have the right icing consistency, you can transfer it to a piping bag or a homemade parchment paper cone. Check out this video to watch how to make your own paper cone!
Gently squeeze out the icing while keeping even pressure on the bag. You can also add food coloring if you want – I just wanted my cookies to be nice and simple 🙂
I hope you guys will enjoy these vegan and gluten-free gingerbread cookies! They are:
- Easy to make
- Made with only 4 ingredients
- Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
- Perfect for Christmas!
Happy baking and merry Christmas!
PIN ON PINTEREST 😊
More Vegan Gluten-Free Cookies Recipes:
- Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Linzer Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Witch Finger Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour (190 g)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (120 g)
- 3-4 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour and allspice. Add peanut butter and molasses and combine with a spatula. Then, use your hands to form a dough ball.
- Place the dough ball on a piece of parchment paper and roll it out to about 1/2 cm thick. Cut out gingerbread men shapes using cutters and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar with water using a spoon. Add more sugar for a thicker consistency or more water if it's too thick. The icing should be quite thick (see video).
- When cookies are cooled, decorate with the icing using a piping bag or a parchment paper cone. Enjoy!
- If you don't like the taste of molasses, you can replace it with maple syrup.
- Allergic to peanut butter? Use any other nut or seed butter instead!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271 Total Fat: 19.4g Carbohydrates: 20.2g Fiber: 3.8g Protein: 8.9g