Easy Vegan Sushi Rolls : a very easy and healthy recipe for lunch or dinner. These sushi rolls only take 25 minutes to prepare and are filled with colorful vegetables. Gluten-free, oil-free and delicious!
Easy Vegan Sushi Rolls
I first made my own vegan sushi rolls five years ago when I was in college, thanks to Tanith’s recipe. Before I found her recipe, I didn’t even know it was possible to make homemade sushi rolls haha! I remember loving her recipe so much that I would make it several times a week.
So today I’m sharing with you my own version of vegan sushi rolls because it IS actually very easy to make them yourself!
Quick and Easy Vegan Sushi
I love sushi rolls because they are very versatile. You can fill them with whatever you want depending on what you have at home or what you feel like eating today.
I filled mine with homemade guacamole, grated carrots, spinach and flavored tofu but feel free to use what you already have at home.
I recommend that you spread some sort of thick sauce inside the rolls because it makes a big difference in my opinion. Here I used guacamole but you could use vegan cream cheese, hummus or tahini for example.
How to Make Vegan Sushi Rolls
You don’t necessarily need a rolling mat to make sushi rolls. I’ve personally never used one and I think it’s very easy to make sushi without it.
All you have to do is:
- Spread a thin layer of rice all over the nori sheet, leaving an empty space at the top of the nori so it can close easily. Don’t put too much rice because it could cause the nori to break and make the rolling process a little chaotic.
- Place your sauce and your veggies in a line.
- Roll the nori using your fingers to push the veggies inside the roll. Here I like to place my rolls in the fridge for 10 minutes so they are easier to slice.
- Slice each roll into 8 maki pieces. I like to serve my sushi rolls cold with soy sauce.
To slice your rolls, dip the blade of a sharp knife in cool water so it doesn’t stick to the nori.
I hope you guys will love these Easy Vegan Sushi Rolls! They are:
- Filled with veggies
- Easy to make
- Vegan, gluten-free and oil-free
- Delicious with soy sauce
- The perfect weekend dinner
PIN ON PINTEREST 😊
More Healthy Vegan Recipes:
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.