Crispy Baked Tofu is easy to make, healthy and delicious. You can use these crispy tofu bites everywhere from salads to sandwiches. Vegan, gluten-free and oil-free recipe.
Crispy Oven-Baked Tofu
I have been loving these crispy baked tofu bites lately!
If you’ve never had baked tofu before, I’m sure you will love how easy and delicious it is. I used to not enjoy plain firm tofu that much but that was because I didn’t know how to prepare it and how to make it taste good.
Now that I know how to make it crispy and delicious, I have it most days for lunch. You can add it to your salad, sandwich, buddha bowl, pasta, curry and more.
How to Make Crispy Tofu Bites
There are a few simple steps to make crispy baked tofu:
- Drain the tofu. Gently press the tofu between your palms to remove some of the water. This doesn’t need to be perfect, you just want to drain the tofu a little so it’s not soaked.
- Cut the tofu into thin slices and cut the slices in half (see photos). I like to make the slices quite thin but you can make them thicker if you want bigger bites. Keep in mind that the thinner your tofu bites, the crispier they will be.
- Arrange the tofu on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and coat it with curry powder and sesame seeds.
- Bake the tofu bites at 200C or 400F for 15 minutes, then flip each bite over and bake for 5 more minutes or until crispy. Make sure the bites are not overlapping each other as this could prevent them from becoming crispy.
- Add the crispy baked tofu bites to your salad, pasta, curry, sandwich, buddha bowl… and enjoy!
Tofu Bites are Rich in Protein and Delicious
If you’re looking for ways to add more plant-based protein to your diet, then tofu is a great idea. It’s rich in protein, easy to find, cheap, easy to prepare and delicious. It’s also a great source of iron, calcium, magnesium and selenium.
Healthy, easy and delicious? I’m in!
How to Eat these Crispy Baked Tofu Bites
What I love about tofu is that it’s very versatile.
You can add these baked tofu bites to your everyday buddha bowl (like me) or use them in a curry, pasta dish, sandwich and more. You can also play with the shape and the thickness of the bites and vary the spices you coat them with.
For example, I love to make the bites a little bit thicker and cook them (after baking) for a few minutes in coconut milk and serve them with rice and veggies. This combo is so good!
I hope you will love these crispy oven-baked tofu bites! They are:
- Easy to make
- Rich in protein
- Delicious with everything!
PIN ON PINTEREST 😊
- 125 g extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 200C or 400F.
- Drain the tofu and gently press it between your palms to remove some of the water.
- Cut the tofu into thin slices and cut the slices in half (see photos). The thinner the tofu bites, the crispier they will be.
- Place the tofu cubes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with curry powder and sesame seeds. Toss gently until the tofu is evenly coated on both sides.
- Arrange the tofu cubes on the parchment paper so they don't overlap and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the cubes over and bake for 5 more minutes. Enjoy!
- How to store the tofu bites: I store the tofu bites in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. You can eat them cold or reheat them in the oven for a few minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138 Total Fat: 8.7g Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0.7g Protein: 16.6g
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.